Turmeric Braised Hen with Golden Beets and Leeks is a flavorful dish layered with greens and spices, lined with wine and baked in a casserole dish. What emerges from the oven as soon as it’s executed is probably the most unbelievable tasting rooster dish in a wealthy, golden broth with the proper stability of flavors that may make you need to lick the underside of the dish, it’s THAT good!
Golden beets, turmeric – I simply love the colours on this dish! And the flavors had been balanced and so flavorful, I made this two nights in a row! This dish is from Phoebe Lapine, ebook creator of the Wellness Undertaking, a ebook that chronicles her journey to heal her autoimmune illness (Hashimoto’s thyroiditis) whereas discovering a stability to make a collection of life-style adjustments. Her ebook has sensible recommendation on health, sleep, rest, hormones, in addition to cooking recommendation with 22 inflammation-fighting recipes for higher digestion, clearer pores and skin and a thriving thyroid, together with this one.
I loved this recipe as is, however if you wish to swap the beets for an additional vegetable, I feel potatoes would additionally work nice. You possibly can simply modify this to be Entire30 by swapping the wine for rooster broth.
Turmeric Braised Hen with Golden Beets and Leeks
Turmeric Braised Hen with Golden Beets and Leeks is layered with spices, lined with wine and baked in a casserole dish.
- 2 leeks, white and light-weight inexperienced elements solely
- 1 bunch (four) golden beets with their greens, scrubbed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons floor turmeric, divided
- 1 teaspoon floor ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/four cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- four skinless rooster drumsticks, on the bone
- four skinless rooster thighs, on the bone
- 1/2 cup white wine (swap for rooster broth for complete30/paleo)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Slice the leeks in half lengthwise. Rinse them, fanning out the outer layers to scrub away any grit. Slice the cleaned leeks into skinny half-moons.
- Take away the greens from the beets. Rinse them and coarsely chop. Halve the beets and lower every part into 4 wedges.
- In a big mixing bowl, toss the leeks, beets, and beet greens along with the garlic, 1 teaspoon of turmeric, ginger, salt, lemon juice, and olive oil till totally mixed. Spoon the combination right into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish or casserole pan and prepare in an excellent layer.
- Add the rooster and the opposite teaspoon of turmeric to the blending bowl and toss to coat within the remaining turmeric combination. Switch the rooster legs to the baking dish and nestle within the beet combination.
- Drizzle any of the remaining marinade excessive of the rooster and pour the wine across the sides of the dish.
- Roast, uncovered, till the rooster is fork-tender and the beets are delicate, about 1 hour.
Yield: four servings, Serving Dimension: 1 drumstick, 1 thigh and greens
- Quantity Per Serving:
- Good Factors: 9
- Factors +: 12
- Energy: 527
- Whole Fats: 2g
- Saturated Fats: g
- Ldl cholesterol: 290mg
- Sodium: 747mg
- Carbohydrates: 16.5g
- Fiber: three.5g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 64g