This pasta dish simply screams summer time! A fast dish made with home made Cavatelli pasta, (will be bought recent or frozen in any Italian specialty retailer) cherry tomatoes, zucchini, corn and marinara. Excellent to whip up on busy weeknights as this dish comes collectively in lower than 20 minutes.
I went to my new favourite Lengthy Island restaurant a couple of weeks in the past, Copperhill and so they served an analogous pasta dish which is the place they inspiration got here from. My husband actually loved it, it’s loaded with summer time veggies and belief me, you gained’t miss the meat!
Summer time Cavatelli with Corn, Tomatoes and Zucchini
I really like this fast, summer time pasta dish made with home made Cavatelli pasta, (will be bought recent or frozen in any Italian specialty retailer) cherry tomatoes, zucchini, corn and marinara. Excellent to whip up on busy weeknights as this dish comes collectively in lower than 20 minutes.
- 1 pound recent or frozen cavatelli
- three teaspoons olive oil
- 2 ears corn (kernels lower from the cob)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 half of cups (6 half of oz) ounces diced zucchini, 1/Four-inch
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, to style
- three/Four cup home made marinara sauce
- 6 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano, plus extra for serving
- 2 tablespoons recent basil, for garnish
- Convey a big pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a big skillet over medium warmth, add 2 teaspoons of the olive oil and garlic, and cook dinner till golden and aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and 1/Four teaspoon salt and cook dinner three minutes, till the tomatoes soften.
- Add the corn and zucchini and cook dinner till tender crisp, 2 to three minutes.
- Add the marinara, season with salt and pepper and cook dinner till heated by way of, about 1 minute.
- In the meantime, cook dinner the cavatelli based on package deal instructions,reserving a few of the water earlier than draining, then toss with the marinara and greens.
- Add the grated cheese, remaining teaspoon olive oil, 1/Four teaspoon salt and black pepper to style and cook dinner 1 minute, including a few of the reserved pasta water as wanted.
- Serve straight away with recent basil and extra grated cheese if desired.
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Dimension: Scant 1 1/three cups
- Quantity Per Serving:
- Sensible Factors: eight
- Factors +: 7
- Energy: 297.5
- Whole Fats: 5g
- Saturated Fats: 1.5g
- Ldl cholesterol: 7.5mg
- Sodium: 184mg
- Carbohydrates: 59.5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 10.5g