Garlic Shrimp in Coconut Milk, Tomatoes and Cilantro is a fast stew cooked in a light-weight, tomato coconut broth with a touch of lime and cilantro. Easy sufficient to make for a weekday dinner but subtle sufficient to serve to firm. Serve with just a little brown basmati rice to absorb the scrumptious broth.
Garlic Shrimp in Coconut Milk, Tomatoes and Cilantro
A fast shrimp stew cooked in a tomato coconut broth with a touch of lime and cilantro. Easy sufficient to make for a weekday dinner but subtle sufficient to serve to firm. Serve with just a little brown basmati rice to absorb the broth.
- 1 1/four lbs peeled and deviened jumbo shrimp (weight after peeled)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 pink bell pepper, diced
- four scallions, thinly sliced, white and inexperienced components separated
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- four cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed pink pepper flakes (or to style)
- 14.5 ozcan diced tomatoes
- 14 ozcan mild coconut milk
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
- In a medium pot, warmth oil on medium-low warmth. Add pink peppers and sauté till comfortable, about four minutes.
- Add scallion whites, 1/four cup cilantro, garlic and pink pepper flakes, cook dinner 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, coconut milk and 1/four teaspoon salt, enhance warmth and convey to a boil, cowl and simmer on low about 10 minutes to let the flavors mix and to thicken the sauce.
- Add shrimp and cook dinner 5 to six minutes, till opaque and cooked via.
- Add lime juice.
- To serve, divide equally amongst four bowls, about 1 1/four cups then high with scallions and cilantro.
Yield: four servings, Serving Dimension: 1 -1/2 cups
- Quantity Per Serving:
- Good Factors: 5
- Factors +: 6
- Energy: 267
- Complete Fats: 10.5g
- Saturated Fats: 6g
- Ldl cholesterol: 215mg
- Sodium: 397mg
- Carbohydrates: 9.5g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sugar: three.5g
- Protein: 30g