This Cubano Hen Roll Up thought got here to me after having a critical pickle craving! I wished to make a scorching dish using dill pickles ultimately and determined to stuff a hen breast with every part you’d usually discover in a Cuban Sandwich – pickles, mustard, Swiss, and ham. However I took it a step additional and brined the cutlets in a single day in pickle juice for further taste, the outcomes have been excellent!!!
Some days I’ve concepts and I’ve to check them a number of occasions to get them good, this dish was a winner from the primary spherical! A lot taste within the hen, you def want to do that!! Brining hen in pickle juice provides you essentially the most flavorful, juicy meat as you’ll have tried in these Pickle-Brined Hen Tenders! When you don’t eat pork, turkey ham would work nice right here too.
Pickle Ham and Swiss Hen Roll Ups (Cuban Hen)
- four (1 lb) skinny boneless hen cutlets
- 1 1/four cups pickle juice (sufficient to cowl hen)
- four teaspoons deli mustard
- 2 ouncesskinny sliced decreased sodium deli ham
- 2 ouncesshredded Swiss cheese
- 1-2 dill pickles, sliced very skinny lengthwise, dried on paper towel (I used a mandolin)
- olive oil spray
For the breading:
- 1 giant egg, overwhelmed
- 1/three cup seasoned breadcrumbs*
- 1/three cup seasoned panko*
- cooking spray
- Place hen in a shallow bowl and canopy with pickle juice (sufficient to cowl utterly). Marinate within the fridge eight hours.
- After eight hours, drain and dry the hen utterly on paper towels; discard marinade.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spray a baking sheet with oil.
- Unfold 1 teaspoon of mustard over each bit of hen.
- Layer the ham on high, then the Swiss cheese and pickles alongside the middle and roll.
- Place egg in a medium bowl.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the bread crumbs and panko. Dip hen within the egg wash, then into the breadcrumb combination and shake off extra.
- Switch to the ready baking sheet and spray the highest generously with oil. Bake 25 minutes, till golden exterior and cooked by way of.
*just one/four cup of every will get utilized in breading, so I subtracted what bought thrown out from the macros.
Yield: four servings, Serving Dimension: 1 roll up
- Quantity Per Serving:
- Sensible Factors: 6
- Factors +: four
- Energy: 280
- Whole Fats: 9g
- Saturated Fats: three.5g
- Ldl cholesterol: 148mg
- Sodium: 869.5mg
- Carbohydrates: 12.5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 36g