Stuffed Turkey Breasts with Butternut Squash and Figs is an excellent One-Pan Fall dish. That is additionally Entire30 compliant in addition to gluten-free, low-carb, keto and Paleo. Turkey tenderloins are full of sauteed butternut squash, spinach and figs, a meal-in-one with savory and candy flavors. Figs are seasonal, so when you can’t discover them, you would use one other fruit corresponding to pears and even apples.
Masking the skillet whereas it roasts within the oven prevents the turkey from drying out, and in addition provides you some pan juices to spoon on high simply earlier than serving.
Stuffed Turkey Breasts with Butternut Squash and Figs
Stuffed Turkey Breasts with Butternut Squash and Figs is an excellent Fall dish. Turkey tenderloins are full of sauteed butternut squash, spinach and figs, a meal-in-one with savory and candy flavors. Figs are seasonal, so if you cannot discover them, you would use one other fruit corresponding to pears and even apples.
- 2 boneless turkey tenderloins (1 lb complete)
- 1 tsp kosher salt (diamond crystal)
- 1 tbsp gentle olive oil
- 1 small (1/Three cup) white onion, chopped
- (6 oz) 1 1/Four cups diced butternut squash, 1/2-inch cube
- 5 black mission figs, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup child spinach
- Three sage leaves, chopped
- 1/Four tsp crushed black pepper
- cooking twine – 6 to eight items
- cooking spray
- Warmth a big forged iron skillet over medium-high warmth and add olive oil. Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes, or till golden. Add butternut squash and a pair of tablespoons water and canopy; prepare dinner on low for 10 minutes. Take away lid and add figs, garlic, spinach, salt, sage, and pepper and prepare dinner for one more Three-Four minutes. Put aside to chill.
- Lower a pocket into the perimeters of the tenderloins, cautious to not reduce right through on the ends. Season the within and outdoors of the turkey with salt.
- Stuff every turkey breast with about Three/Four cup of squash combination. Lower cooking twine lengthy sufficient to tie every breast with Three to Four items of twine. Lower off additional twine.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Within the skillet over medium-high warmth, flippantly spray with cooking spray. Fastidiously sear every turkey breast on all sides (Three sides. Do not sear on stuff finish.) In case your skillet is oven-safe, cowl with foil and place within the heart of the oven (If not, then switch to baking dish and canopy with foil), place immediately into oven and prepare dinner for 30 – 35 minutes. Permit to take a seat 5 minutes earlier than reducing off twine and slicing every turkey breast in Four slices.
Yield: Four Servings, Serving Measurement: 2 slices
- Quantity Per Serving:
- Sensible Factors: 2
- Factors +: 6
- Energy: 258
- Whole Fats: 8g
- Saturated Fats: g
- Ldl cholesterol: 51mg
- Sodium: 878mg
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 12g
- Protein: 22g