Rooster Cacciatore made in an Prompt! The simple Italian sauce is hearty and chunky, loaded with hen, tomatoes, peppers and onions ( generally I add mushrooms too!) Nice over pasta, roasted spaghetti squash, rice or polenta. I even have a sluggish cooker hen cacciatore and range high model.
Rising up, I used to be at all times glad when my Mother was making hen cacciatore. We might eat it over pasta or noodles with a number of recent grated cheese on high. It’s pure consolation meals to me, and I at all times makes me consider Mother after I make it. This month I’m making an attempt to skip my carbs in the course of the week (80/20) so I served this over spaghetti squash for me, and pasta for the household.
Though this works with any a part of the hen, I desire to make use of lean skinless hen thighs, on the bone. The hen comes out so juicy and tender, and the bones add taste to the sauce.
Prompt Pot Rooster Cacciatore
Rooster Cacciatore made in an Prompt! The sauce is hearty and chunky, loaded with hen, tomatoes, peppers and onions ( generally I add mushrooms too!) Nice over pasta, squashta, rice or polenta.
- four hen thighs, with the bone, pores and skin eliminated
- kosher salt and recent pepper to style
- olive oil spray
- half of can (14 oz) crushed tomatoes (Tuttorosso my favourite!)
- half of cup diced onion
- 1/four cup diced purple bell pepper
- half of cup diced inexperienced bell pepper
- half of teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil or parsley for topping
- Season hen with salt and pepper on each facet.
- Press saute on the Prompt Pot, flippantly spray with oil and brown hen on either side a couple of minutes. Put aside.
- Spray with a bit of extra oil and add onions and peppers. Sauté till soften and golden, 5 minutes.
- Pour tomatoes over the hen and greens, add oregano, bay leaf, salt and pepper, give it a fast stir and canopy.
- Prepare dinner excessive stress 25 minutes; pure launch.
- Take away bay leaf, garnish with parsley and serve over pasta, squasta or no matter you want!
Yield: four servings, Serving Dimension: 1 thigh with half of cup sauce
- Quantity Per Serving:
- Sensible Factors: three
- Factors +: three
- Energy: 133
- Whole Fats: 3g
- Saturated Fats: zero.5g
- Ldl cholesterol: 57mg
- Sodium: 273mg
- Carbohydrates: 10.5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 14g