This quick and contemporary vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie made with Portobello mushroom, carrots, peas, corn, and onions, all topped with leftover Skinny Garlic Mashed Potatoes, is the right after-Vacation repair.
I’m excited to share this visitor submit from my buddy Heather Ok. Jones. She’s a dietitian and the diet professional for The Skinnytaste Cookbook and Skinnytaste Quick and Sluggish, please welcome her…
Hello Everybody, I’m Heather Ok. Jones. I’m a registered dietitian, a wellness coach, and the founding father of Really feel Higher Eat Higher, a web-based weight reduction program for ladies who wrestle with emotional consuming, binge consuming, overeating or physique picture points—click on HERE to join my free weight reduction workshop coming quickly!
I’m excited to visitor submit on Skinnytaste once more (thanks, Gina!), and I’m so honored to be working with Gina on the upcoming third Skinnytaste cookbook, you’re going to loooooove it!
I don’t learn about you, however proper after Thanksgiving I’m all the time able to load up on greens and salads. This quick and contemporary vegetarian dish made with Portobello mushroom, carrots, peas, corn, and onions, all topped with leftover Skinny Garlic Mashed Potatoes, is the right after-Vacation repair. Belief me, it’s so tasty and hearty you gained’t even miss the meat.
Extra recipes you could take pleasure in:
Portobello Shepherd’s Pie
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ kilos Portobella mushrooms, lower into 1-inch cubes
- 1 ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 7 ounces (Three medium) carrots, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup chopped contemporary parsley, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped contemporary thyme or rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly floor black pepper, to style
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose or gluten-free flour
- 1 ½ cups low sodium vegetable or rooster broth
- 1 cup frozen inexperienced peas
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- If utilizing, put together Skinny Garlic Mashed Potatoes in keeping with instructions.
- In a big sauté pan, warmth the butter and oil. Add the mushrooms and ½ teaspoon salt, prepare dinner for 10 minutes, stirring sometimes.
- Add the onion, carrots, parsley, thyme, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper and sauté 10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, prepare dinner for 30 seconds, then add the tomato paste, Worcestershire, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle greens with the flour, stir to coat and prepare dinner, scraping brown bits from the pan, Three-Four minutes.
- Add the broth, peas and corn, prepare dinner, stirring usually, till sauce has thickened (about 5 minutes).
- To assemble: Preheat broiler to excessive.
- Switch greens to an eight” x 11” casserole dish.
- Unfold mashed potatoes in a fair layer over the greens, prime with parmesan and broil 5 minutes, or till prime is golden.
- Garnish with parsley.
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Dimension: 1 1/2 cups
- Quantity Per Serving:
- Good Factors: 9
- Factors +: 9
- Energy: 313
- Complete Fats: 9g
- Saturated Fats: 4g
- Ldl cholesterol: 17mg
- Sodium: 731mg
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugar: 9g
- Protein: 12g