Should you’re making an enormous bone-in ham for the vacations this yr, don’t throw away the leftover ham bone as soon as all of the meat’s been lower off. It’s a key ingredient on this soup that provides on the spot taste with minimal effort! Right here I added some greens, potatoes and cabbage, there are not any beans however you possibly can add some if you want. So scrumptious and simple to make!
I made a sluggish cooker ham the opposite day and saved the bone simply to make soup. Freeze the bone when you don’t plan on utilizing it instantly. You may make this on the range in an enormous soup pot, Dutch oven or On the spot Pot as I did right here to save lots of time. This might even be nice within the sluggish cooker.
For extra leftover ham recipes you would possibly like:
Leftover Ham Bone Soup with Potatoes and Cabbage
Should you’re making an enormous bone-in ham for the vacations this yr, don’t throw away the leftover ham bone as soon as all of the meat’s been lower off. It’s a key ingredient on this soup that provides on the spot taste with minimal effort!
- cooking spray
- half of cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- half of cup chopped celery
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- four cups (1 carton) much less sodium hen broth
- 10 ounces (2 medium) yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced small
- 1 leftover ham bone
- 5 ounces chopped leftover ham
- 1 small head cabbage, cored and chopped (13 oz)
On the spot Pot:
- Assuming your electrical stress cooker has a saute possibility, press the saute button and spray with oil, add the onions, celery, and garlic and saute, four to five minutes.
- Add the hen broth, carrots, 1 half of cups water, potatoes, ham bone and ham and prepare dinner excessive stress 20 minutes.
- Let the steam launch naturally. Add the cabbage and prepare dinner 5 minutes excessive stress. Pure or fast launch.
To prepare dinner on the range prime:
- Comply with the identical instructions as above in a big pot or Dutch oven, prepare dinner coated low 1 hour including the cabbage over the last 10 to 15 minutes. Prepare dinner till the cabbage and greens are tender.
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Dimension: 1 half of cups
- Quantity Per Serving:
- Good Factors: 2
- Factors +: three
- Energy: 124
- Complete Fats: 2.5g
- Saturated Fats: 1g
- Ldl cholesterol: 22mg
- Sodium: 437mg
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: three.5g
- Sugar: four.5g
- Protein: 10.5g